Because BISSELL loves pets, we make sure our pet-friendly products get rid of every last little nasty. Which means that both you and your fur babies can enjoy a happy home, without jeopardising your health or the health of your pet.
And because pets are as special as they are, we’ve decided to celebrate them with not only a cleaner home, but also with a round-up of rather impressive pet-related facts. Giving you all the more reason to burst with pride for your pet.
- When dogs bite down, their mouths exert around 200 pounds of pressure conservatively.
- Fleas can jump up to 200 times the length of their body.
- The degree of effectiveness of a dog’s internal cooling system is directly proportional to the length of its nose.
- The only way a dog is able to release heat from its body is by panting, and the only place they sweat is the bottom of their paws.
- Pets are included in over 50% of family and holiday portraits.
- Cats have no sweat glands at all.
- Cats have one less toe on each back paw than they do on each front paw.
- Dalmatians are born without spots. Their spots develop as they age.
- Dogs can correctly identify the source of a noise in 6/100ths of a second – partly due to the fact that they are able to swivel their ears which function like radar dishes.
- The large quantity of nitrogen in pet fur can increase the amount nutrients in soil. As a result, pet owners have been known to add small amounts of pet fur to compost.
- Sprinkling pet hair into vegetable or flower gardens has also been known to help deter pests, from rodents to deer.
- Cats have better memories than dogs. According to research conducted at the University of Michigan, a dog’s memory can only last 5 minutes at most, while cats lasts up to 16 hours. This means that cats also have better memories than monkeys and orangutans.
- Cats can make over one hundred vocal sounds, while dogs can only make around ten.
- Enjoy the best of your pet, less the mess.
Go on, suck it up!